ABOUT THE NATIONAL COMPETITION
“SDG-2030 LEADERS AMONG RURAL WOMEN”
І. General provisions of a competition
This Regulation defines the procedure for participation in the Competition and selection of applications to the “SDG-2030 Leaders among Rural Women” within the framework of the activities of the “Public Institute of SDG-2030 in Kazakhstan.”
The organizers of the Contest are the Public Institute of SDG-2030 in Kazakhstan represented by the Coalition for Green Economy and Development of G-Global, Agricultural Union of Women of Kazakhstan, International organization Expo & Women with the support of the Ministry of Information and Public Development of Kazakhstan, the Ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of National Economy of Kazakhstan,
The organizers form a Tender Commission for the Competition. The tender commission consists of representatives of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Ministry of Social Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Ministry of Economic Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Ministry of Economic and Social Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as the scientific, expert and civil community.
The secretariat of the Competition is the Agricultural Union of Women of Kazakhstan.
Leader 2030 status is voluntary and non-commercial
ІІ. Purposes and problems of the Competition
Identification and recognition among rural women of Leaders – professionals in their sphere, whose activity is an example of implementation of the achievement of SDG-2030 in Kazakhstan, which have high social status and better awareness in the field of the UN Resolution on Sustainable Development up to 2030, and which influence the opinion of other people, interpreting the content and meaning of the activities of the Public Institute of SDG-2030 in Kazakhstan.
1) Creation of a pool of active women leaders whose experience and activities are valuable for the implementation of Kazakhstan ‘s national strategy in the field of SDG-2030 implementation;
2) Involvement of rural women in promoting the relevance of SDG, programs and activities of national, international organizations and governments on SDG-2030;
3) dissemination of experience of the best initiatives on implementation of SDG achievements in the countries of the world and in Kazakhstan in various spheres (business, charity, social activity, ecology, education, journalism, civil service, etc.
4) participate in the analysis on the implementation of 17 SDGs in Kazakhstan and regions and develop recommendations on topical issues of sustainable development of territories and improvement of the quality of life for all.
ІІІ. A participation order in the Competition
To apply, candidates need between February 12 and April 5, 2020:
1) to make a publication on social networks (Instagram, Facebook) on the topic “Why # YaliderCSD,” noting the account @ SDG2030leaderskz (Public Institute of SDG – 2030 in Kazakhstan).
2) complete online application form: www.agrowomen.org
3) send the concept of its activity as the Leader of the selected SDG for the period from April 1 to November 1, 2020 (term of office) to the Program operator at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Take an online presentation from March 5 to April 30, 2020.
5) Prepare an offline presentation on their activities as a candidate for SDG Leader status during the Rural Women ‘s Regional Forum (according to the forum schedule)
6) Implement the program until November 1, 2020.
7) The results of selection will be published on the official account of the Public Institute of https://www.facebook.com/SDG2030leaderskz/ before November 1 this year.
7) Obtaining the corresponding Certificate of the SDG-2030 Leader in case of compliance with the requirements of the Contest at the Republican Forum of Rural Women – November 5, 2020.
While participating in a competitive selection, the candidate ‘s Facebook account must be open.
The application will be considered if all conditions of participation in the tender are fully fulfilled.
The competition is held on the nominations of 17 SDG Goals:
- Universal eradication of poverty in all its forms;
- Eliminating hunger, ensuring food security and improving nutrition and promoting sustainable agriculture;
- Ensuring a healthy lifestyle and promoting well-being for all at all ages;
- Ensuring inclusive and equitable quality education and promoting lifelong learning for all;
- Gender equality and empowerment of all women and girls;
- Ensuring the availability and management of water and sanitation for all;
- Access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all;
- Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all;
- Building solid infrastructure, promoting inclusive and sustainable industrialization and innovation;
- Reducing inequality within and between countries;
- Ensuring the openness, security, resilience and sustainability of cities and human settlements;
- Sustainable consumption and production patterns;
- Urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts;
- Conservation and management of oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development;
- Protection, restoration and promotion of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainable forest management, combating desertification, halting and reversing land degradation and stopping the loss of biodiversity;
- Promoting peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, ensuring access to justice for all and building effective, accountable and participatory institutions at all levels;
- Strengthening the means to achieve sustainable development and revitalizing the global partnership for sustainable development.
IV. Member Requirements
1) age 30 -70 years;
2) nationality of RK;
3) residence in the territory of Kazakhstan;
4) knowledge of Kazakh and/or Russian (proficiency in English and other official languages of the UN will be an advantage);
5) a female leader who, through her professional activities and her unique community initiatives at the local and/or national level, contributes to the achievement of one leading SDG or several interconnected SDGs;
6) global thinking and desire to act in the interests of all mankind, commitment to the principles and values of the UN;
7) active activity on SDG-2030 in social networks – Facebook.
The following qualities can be an additional advantage of candidates:
1) leadership, public speaking skills,
2) experience of social, parliamentary, journalistic activity;
3) participation in grant projects and in the work of national and international organizations;
4) activities in the sphere of socially responsible business, environmental protection;
5) experience of charitable work.
V. Procedure for selection of applications for participation in the Contest
Applications are pre-selected as they are submitted. Participants who applied earlier have the opportunity to finalize the documents submitted to the competition after the first interview with experts.
For the first on-line interview with experts, participants are invited within 10 days of applying, if accepted. If the application is rejected, participants will receive an email notification. The Organizer reserves the right to reject any application for participation in the Contest without explanation.
Supplement: Delegates of the Rural Women ‘s Forums who are heroes of the “History of my Success” Parade may be nominated for the Status of “SDG-2030 Leaders.” Applicants are nominated by the Coordinating Council of the Agricultural Union of Women of Kazakhstan.
VI. Work of the Tender Commission:
1) The decisions of the Tender Commission shall not be commented upon, the results of the tender shall not be reviewed and shall not be subject to appeal.
2) Competitive selection shall be carried out by the Expert Commission with participation of representatives of organizers and partners of the competition.
3) Selection criteria – professional activity, which is implemented with the content of one or more SDG-2030, experience of public, expert, educational, republican and/or international activities, participation in projects of republican and international organizations, erudition in the field of sustainable development, green economy, anti-crisis programs, global initiatives to solve problems of human development, participation in republican and international forums in the quality of speakers, co-rapporteurs, (for example: Forums of rural women of regional and republican level), experience of performances in mass media and open publications in social networks, experience of participation and initiatives of various social innovations in the region and the republic.
4) Participants shall provide a plan of their activity for one year (in 2020 from April 1 to November 1 of this year – during the mandate), which shall be jointly adjusted with the winners of the Contest and attached to the individual public Agreement.
5) You can get more information about the Contest by phone: 8 (7172) 999-401, as well as by email: www.agrowomen.org
* The organizers reserve the right to amend the conditions of the Contest. Information about the changes will be published on the www.agrowomen.org.
VII. Rights and opportunities of SDG-2030 leaders among rural women of Kazakhstan:
Rural women who have obtained the status of Leaders of SDG-2030 among Rural Women of Kazakhstan can:
1) participate in national and international events on sustainable and anti-crisis development, conducted by organizers and partners of the Program;
2) attend lectures, seminars, round tables on national and/or international relations and international cooperation conducted by the organizers and partners of the Program
3) participate in bilateral and multilateral meetings with representatives of the authorities of Kazakhstan, UN institutions, the scientific community and civil leaders involved in the implementation of the SDGs in Kazakhstan and the world;
4) receive information support for their activities, letters of recommendation;
5) get assistance in finding sources of funding of personal initiatives for SDG-2030.
Incentives to work as the SDG-2030 Leader are: promotion of the personal brand and rating of Leaders among national and international institutions, acquisition of valuable business and public relations, professional growth, opportunity to participate in major forums and conferences, government and parliamentary events, opportunity to speak in mass media, television, social networks of organizers and partners of the contest.
VIII. Responsibilities of SDG-2030 leaders among rural women of Kazakhstan
1) carry out activities to promote SDGs, international and Kazakh initiatives for SDGs among rural women of Kazakhstan;
2) Promote the involvement of rural women, including NGOs and associations, entrepreneurs, deputies, journalists, civil servants (akims of rural districts) in the implementation of the SDGs;
3) to make a personal contribution to the achievement of the targets of the SDG in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan by means of public, organizational, information, journalistic, scientific, expert, legal, entrepreneurial or other activities, publication of articles, photo and video-materials;
4) Take part in workshops, webinars, conferences of women leaders of SDGs and other relevant events of the organizers and partners of the Program;
5) actively cover their activities as SDG Leader on social networks;
6) identify problems and barriers, difficult areas and directions for the implementation of SDGs in Kazakhstan.