On November 28-29, 2019 at the Eurasian National University named after L.N.Gumilev, the International Forum “Contribution of Students and Young Teachers to the Implementation of SDG-2030” will be held.
Registration for the Forum begins on November 28 at 9:00.
The work of the Forum begins with the Welcoming Session (9.30 h), which is moderated by Saltanat Rakhimbekova, Chairman of the Board of the UUL Coalition for Green Economy and Development G-Global, member of the Council for the Transition to a Green Economy under the President of Kazakhstan.
The invited speakers:
Aigul Solovyeva, Chairman of the Board of the Association of Environmental Organizations of Kazakhstan;
Bulat Yessekin, international expert on sustainable development, member of the Board of Directors of the Global Water Partnership, ecologist expert for Central Asia, Caucasus and Mongolia;
Yuri Gashek, founder of Tukan Zher eco-settlement, head of the Center of Green Technologies of Pavlodar region;
Lyazat Askarov, Executive Director of Expo & Women MoD.
Then TEDx “Youth of the Planet in support of SDG-2030” will take place from 10:00 to 12:00, with the participation of young speakers – leaders of 17 goals of the SDG, selected under the program “Leaders of SDG-2030 among youth of Kazakhstan.”
This program is part of the platform of the Public Institute of SDG-2030 in Kazakhstan, created by the Coalition for Green Economy and Development of G-Global and other partner organizations headed by the International Secretariat of G-Global.
The Youth Envoy of the SDG of Kazakhstan is a young representative of civil society, selected on the basis of a competition for a period of 1 year in order to inform and activate his peers in solving key problems of mankind. The activities of the Youth Envoy are honorable and free of charge. This approach is an example of a bottom-up approach, every young speaker is an embodiment of the possibility of implementing SDGs, thus being a motivation for civic community, namely young people.
The moderator of this session was Asel Kuspanova, journalist, TV presenter, eco-activist, OO “GREENUP.”
TEDx Speakers “Youth of the Planet in Support of SDG 2030”:
– Asel Baimukanova, Leader of SDG 14 “Preservation of marine ecosystems,” employee of the Institute of Hydrobiology of Ecology for the rescue of the Caspian seal;
– Amir Suleimenov, Leader of SDG 10 “Reducing Inequality,” creator of “Innovation School of Internet Technologies ISIT”;
– Marhabat Ramazanova, Leader of SDG 4 “Quality Education for All,” Master of Nazarbayev University with a specialty “Leadership in Education: Inclusive Education”;
– Rafael Gasanov, Leader of SDG 16 “Peace, Justice and Effective Institutions,” Deputy Chairman of the Special Monitoring Group on Anti-Corruption;
– Emin Askerov, Leader of SDG 8 “Decent Work and Economic Growth,” Head of the Social Workshop “GREENTAL,” Founder of the School of Social Entrepreneurship, Business Trainer