Provision on a competition
LEADERS OF SDG-2030 AMONG YOUNG PEOPLE OF KAZAKHSTAN
Young people in society were the main agents of change, and the new Sustainable Development Agenda was a platform for them to take advantage of their limitless opportunities to transform the environment in order to build a better world.
To mobilize the youth generation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, whose activities can contribute to the effective implementation of the new Agenda into concrete actions in the context of Kazakhstan ‘s national strategy for the implementation of the SDG-2030, The Public Institute “SDG-2030 Leaders in Kazakhstan” decides to establish an annual permanent program “Youth SDG-2030 Leaders,” On the basis of which “Youth envoys of SDG-2030 in Kazakhstan” will be determined, which will be able to represent Kazakhstan on international platforms.
I.Obshchiye of Provision of a competition:
This Regulation defines the procedure for participation in the Competition and selection of applications to the Leaders of SDG-2030 among Young People of Kazakhstan within the framework of the activities of the Public Institute of SDG-2030 in Kazakhstan
The organizers of the Contest are the Public Institute of SDG-2030 in Kazakhstan represented by the Coalition for Green Economy and Development of G-Global, Alliance of Volunteers of Kazakhstan, Expo & Women International Organization with the support of the Ministry of Information and Public Development of Kazakhstan, the Ministry of Education and Science of Kazakhstan.
The organizers form a Tender Commission for the Competition. The tender commission consists of representatives of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Ministry of Social Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan, MEGPR of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Ministry of Economic Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as the scientific-expert and civil community.
The secretariat of the Contest is the Alliance of Volunteers of Kazakhstan.
Leader 2030 status is voluntary and non-commercial
II. Objectives and objectives of the Competition
Identification and recognition among youth of Kazakhstan Leaders – students, masters, working youth – Professionals in their sphere, whose activity is an example of implementation of the achievement of SDG-2030 in Kazakhstan, characterized by high social status and better awareness in the field of the UN Resolution on Sustainable Development up to 2030, and influencing the opinion of other people, interpreting the content and meaning of the activities of the Public Institute of SDG-2030 in Kazakhstan.
1) Creation of a pool of active young people whose experience and activities are valuable for the implementation of Kazakhstan ‘s national strategy in the field of SDG-2030 implementation;
2) Involvement of young people in promoting the relevance of SDGs, programs and activities of national, international organizations and governments on SDG-2030;
3) dissemination of experience of the best initiatives on implementation of SDG achievements in the countries of the world and in Kazakhstan in various spheres (business, charity, social activity, ecology, education, journalism, civil service, etc.
4) participate in the analysis on the implementation of 17 SDGs in Kazakhstan and regions and develop recommendations on topical issues of sustainable development of territories and improvement of the quality of life for all.
ІІІ. Procedure of participation in the Contest
1) The participant of selection in time from February 12 to April 5, 2020 needs to choose one of IMC which Leader he/she would like to become and to post a post / several posts in social networks Facebook, Instagram with a subject #IMaYoungLeaderofSDG with the instruction to the answering Purpose, having noted the account @SDG2030leaderskz (Public institute of IMC – 2030 in Kazakhstan).
Video calls to action, photos and video reports on the activities carried out or carried out (for not more than one year prior to the announcement of the Tender), in one way or another related to the implementation or achievement of the selected SDG, are welcome, but this must be reflected audiatically or visually.
2) complete online application form: www.expo2017-volunteer.org
3) send the concept of its activity as the Leader of the selected SDG for the period from June 5, 2020 to June 5, 2021 (term of office) to the operator of the Program at the e-mail address: email@example.com
4) Undergo an online interview from April 17 until May 17, 2020.
5) The results of selection will be published on the official account of the Public Institute https://www.facebook.com/SDG2030leaderskz/ May 20 this year.
To apply, candidates need
The competition is held on the nominations of 17 SDG Goals:
Universal eradication of poverty in all its forms;
Eliminating hunger, ensuring food security and improving nutrition and promoting sustainable agriculture;
Ensuring a healthy lifestyle and promoting well-being for all at all ages;
Ensuring inclusive and equitable quality education and promoting lifelong learning for all;
Gender equality and empowerment of all women and girls;
Ensuring the availability and management of water and sanitation for all;
Access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all;
Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all;
Building solid infrastructure, promoting inclusive and sustainable industrialization and innovation;
Reducing inequality within and between countries;
Ensuring the openness, security, resilience and sustainability of cities and human settlements;
Sustainable consumption and production patterns;
Urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts;
Conservation and management of oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development;
Protection, restoration and promotion of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainable forest management, combating desertification, halting and reversing land degradation and stopping the loss of biodiversity;
Promoting peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, ensuring access to justice for all and building effective, accountable and participatory institutions at all levels;
Strengthening the means to achieve sustainable development and revitalizing the global partnership for sustainable development.
IV. Member Requirements
1) age 18-30 years;
2) nationality of RK;
3) residence in the territory of Kazakhstan;
4) knowledge of Kazakh and/or Russian (proficiency in English and other official languages of the UN will be an advantage);
5) a youth leader who, through his active and/or professional activities and his unique community initiatives at the local and/or national level, contributes to the achievement of one leading SDG or several interconnected SDGs;
6) global thinking and desire to act in the interests of all mankind, commitment to the principles and values of the UN;
7) active activity on the topic of SDG-2030 in social networks – Facebook, Instagram, etc.
The following qualities can be an additional advantage of candidates:
1) leadership, public speaking skills,
2) experience of social, parliamentary, journalistic activity;
3) participation in grant projects and in the work of national and international organizations;
4) activities in the sphere of socially responsible business, environmental protection;
5) experience of charitable work.
V. Procedure for selection of applications for participation in the Contest
Applications are pre-selected as they are submitted. Participants who applied earlier have the opportunity to finalize the documents submitted to the competition after the first interview with experts.
For the first on-line interview with experts, participants are invited within 10 days of applying, if accepted. If the application is rejected, participants will receive an email notification. The Organizer reserves the right to reject any application for participation in the Contest without explanation.
VI. Work of the Tender Commission:
1) The decisions of the Tender Commission shall not be commented upon, the results of the tender shall not be reviewed and shall not be subject to appeal.
2) Competitive selection shall be carried out by the Expert Commission with participation of representatives of organizers and partners of the competition.
3) Selection criteria – public and/or professional activities, which are implemented with the content of one or more SDG-2030, experience of public, expert, educational, republican and/or international activities, participation in projects of republican and international organizations, erudition in the field of sustainable development, green economy, anti-crisis programs, global initiatives to solve problems of human development, participation in republican and international forums in the quality of speakers, co-rapporteurs, (for example: Forums of rural women of regional and republican level), experience of performances in mass media and open publications in social networks, experience of participation and initiatives of various social innovations in the region and the republic.
4) For more information about the Contest, please call: 8 (7172) 999-401, 8 (7172) 999 408 and visit: www.expo2017-volunteer.org.
Organizers reserve the right to amend the conditions of the Contest. Information about the changes will be published on the www.expo2017-volunteer.org.
VII. Rights, opportunities and powers of SDG-2030 Leaders among young people of Kazakhstan (during the mandate):
Young people who have received the status of SDG-2030 Leaders among Young People of Kazakhstan can:
1) Receive the support of the organizers of the Program and other Youth Envoys of the SDG-2030 in Kazakhstan in the implementation of public initiatives among Kazakhstani youth, achievement of SDG indicators in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan and beyond within the permissible norms.
2) Participate in national and international events on global development conducted by organizers and partners of the Program, attend lectures, seminars, round tables on national and/or international relations and international cooperation conducted by organizers and partners of the Program;
3) Participate in bilateral and multilateral meetings with representatives of the authorities of Kazakhstan, UN institutions, the scientific community and civil leaders involved in the implementation of the SDGs in Kazakhstan and the world;
4) receive information support for their activities, letters of recommendation;
5) get assistance in finding sources of funding of personal initiatives for SDG-2030.
Incentives to work as the SDG-2030 Leader are: promotion of the personal brand and rating of Leaders among national and international institutions, acquisition of valuable business and public relations, professional growth, opportunity to participate in major forums and conferences, government and parliamentary events, opportunity to speak in mass media, television, social networks of organizers and partners of the contest. The most active Leaders of the SDG-2030 can get the status of Youth envoys of SDG-2030, which will be able to represent Kazakhstan on international platforms.
VIII. Responsibilities of SDG-2030 leaders among young people of Kazakhstan:
1) draw up plans for their activities and represent them at workshops of SDG-2030 Youth Envoys in Kazakhstan.
2) to promote involvement in realization of IMC of the studying, student’s and young workers, including NGO and associations, businessmen, deputies, journalists, public servants, etc. by means of strategic opportunities of organizers of the Program and through own actions
3) to make a personal contribution to the achievement of the targets of the SDG in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan by means of public, organizational, information, journalistic, scientific, expert, legal, entrepreneurial or other activities, publication of articles, photo and video-materials;
4) take part in workshops, webinars, conferences and other relevant events of the organizers and partners of the Program;
5) actively cover their activities as SDG Leader on social networks;
6) identify problems and barriers, difficult areas and directions for the implementation of SDGs in Kazakhstan.
7) prepare an offline presentation on their activities as a candidate for SDG Leader status during events held by organizers (according to schedule)
8) Implement the program until June 5, 2021.